Monday, March 5, 2018

The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway

Sorry for being so negligent, I just have really had no time!
Transfers came and although I wasn't expecting it President told me
that he had a special assignment for me. . . It was the most intense
transfer call of my life, we were with our Bishop and he was so
enthralled listening to it haha! But I will be training a new
missionary from Brazil who is learning English, she comes into the
mission in 3 weeks, so for now I am with Sister Pail (from Austria and
from my MTC group!) in Enfield. In 3 weeks I will go open up a new
area in Northampton with my greenie. Pretty crazy stuff! So this week
I said goodbye to Sister De France and all of the amazing families and
people in Colchester and headed to London again!
I have LOVED this week in Enfield. It feels so good to be back in
London with the awesome bus system and a super African ward.  It
stormed really hard this week, there was actual snow in England and a
lot of it! Apparently we got some cold air front from Russia or
something that hit us, they called the storm "beast from the east". To
be very honest, it was the coldest I have ever been in my entire life.
It was FREEZING! Heavenly Father blessed us so much and we were still
able to find people that were willing to talk with us when we went
finding. That says a lot because the world shuts down for English
people when it snows, they really hate it and don't know what to do.
This week there were so many miracles, I think one of the biggest ones
was when we met a guy at a bus stop who basically came up to us and
asked us what we were doing. We had like 5 seconds to talk to him
because our bus came right at that exact moment (thanks satan!) so we
quickly got his number. And then he came to church and brought his
brother!!!!!!! They are both super good and they loved the service, we
are seeing them again this week! Also in the midst of "beast from the
east" we met this other guy and it felt like we literally had to force
him to talk with us. But, after church yesterday he came for a lesson
and is now progressing towards baptism. Miracles have not ceased my
friends!

Sending my love from across the pond!

XOXO
Sister Barnes





No comments:

Post a Comment