Monday, March 12, 2018

Welcome Spring!

Hello friends and family! This week we were visited by Elder Paul V.
Johnson, General Authority Seventy and the Area President of Europe
and he shared so much with us. I felt so inspired and instructed on
how I can be an even better missionary. The spirit was so strong. One
of my favorite things that he talked about was how in the Olympics
there is a podium, and only those that won gold, silver, or bronze get
to stand on the podium because there is only room for 3 people. It
doesn't matter if someone performed the better than they ever have in
their life, if they are not the best, there is absolutely no room for
them on the podium and they don't get a metal. He compared this to how
sometimes we feel this way in the church, we feel like if we aren't
the best or if we don't have that one calling or if someone's
testimony is more progressed than our own than we will not get to
stand on the podium and get a metal. When in reality, there is no one
that can knock us out of getting into the Celestial Kingdom. If
someone does better, if they fulfill a calling, if they progress in
their testimony, that has nothing to do with you or your salvation.
There is room for everyone in the Celestial Kingdom. The only person
that stops you from going there is yourself. And the person that makes
it all possible is our Savior Jesus Christ. I just love Him so much.
Being His Representative out here in England is truly the best thing I
have ever done or will ever do in my life, I can't say it enough!!
It has warmed up and feels a lot like spring!:) We extended so many
baptismal dates this week to some amazing people. It was really
fulfilling. We are excited for them! We also were able to participate
in Stake sports day! It was THE biggest treat for me because I got to
be reunited with all of my friends from Watford and Hayes. It was
awesome. Such an epic reunion. Members over here just love with all of
their hearts, I was so happy that they all remembered me so well from
serving there a year ago. And there were some recent converts as well
that were SO good to see. All day I would hear, "Hey it's Sista
Bahhhns!!!" (Now I almost don't even respond when someone says my name
and it's not with an English accent because it sounds so foreign when
it is said differently) It was all around a wonderful week and I am so
thankful for my lovely companion Sister Pail and all of the work we
have been able to do here in Enfield! We are living in a 4 man flat
and so we have 2 other Brazilian sisters with us and it is the
funniest thing ever!

Wishing you a joy filled week!

XOXO
Sister Barnes



No comments:

Post a Comment