Monday, March 26, 2018

I Heart Northampton

Wow sometimes I promise, I feel like I am living the dream. The
missionary life dream. Our new area, Northampton is gorgeous. I
thought that it would be hard to adjust from being in London, but it
is so posh here. It's so nice!! And my new companion is so amazing.
Sister Moraes (pronounced like More eyes:) She is from the North of
Brazil (just like my other daughter!) We understand each other 50% of
the time. I love being with language missionaries, the spirit always
surrounds them so strong and it helps so much to be able to focus on
what is really important in missionary work and that is the spirit.
Basically we just Proselyte around all these posh streets and let the
spirit guide. I've never had more fun in my life! The members here are
incredible and gave us a huge, warm welcome. They are excited to have
sisters back in the area.
Our first day here, as we were speaking with people we found a girl
that came and sat right down in the library with us and had a lesson
right then and there. The next day, we had interviews in Bedford and
so we had a Skype lesson with her and she accepted a date to be
baptised! We also met a wonderful guy, S, this week who has been a
huge blessing! He gave us chocolate when we met him and was so excited
to come to church. He came yesterday and absolutely loved it! I was so
humbled and grateful for these miracles.
The work is going well here and I am super excited to continue all of
these good things in Northampton. I know that there are so many
blessings that Heavenly Father is just waiting to give us, all we need
to do is to simply ask. I am so thankful for his truth and I am
thankful to be a missionary!


Christ has no hands but our hands
To do His work today
He has no feet but our feet
To lead men in His way
He has no tongue but our tongues
To tell men how He died
He has no help but our help
To lead men to His side

-author unknown


XOXO
Sister Barnes









No comments:

Post a Comment