Monday, November 27, 2017

The Sweetest Sunday

Hope everyone had the best Thanksgiving! Mine was amazing. We gathered
with the amazing Stevensons, members of our ward and they made us a
traditional American Thanksgiving dinner. (With an English twang;) I
am so thankful for the people that I have the opportunity to serve.
They are incredible!
We had Stake Conference yesterday and it was one of the best
experiences of my life. We got there and President and Sister Stevens
were going to speak, we had investigators and recent converts with us
and all of the missionaries in the zone were there. It was one of the
most spiritual meetings I've ever been in. The Romford England Stake
has so many amazing converts who would do anything for the Lord.
Sister Sanchez and I were sitting in the back with the people we had
brought. One of the speakers started talking about missionary work.
All of a sudden he said, "And we would like to invite some
missionaries right here, right now to come up and bear their
testimony. To tell us why they came on a mission. If we can invite
Sister Barnes and Sister Sanchez, please come up."
My sweet companion and I slowly got up and went to the front. Sister
Sanchez bore her testimony first, after she was done I pulled her into
a big hug and then went to bear mine. I've talked at a LOT of meetings
in church but this time it was so different. I have never been
speaking and had it be absolutely silent and that is how it was. It
seemed like time stood still and the spirit filled the room. Everyone
was paying attention and looking at me so intently and there was not a
sound. I just looked out at all of the people that I love so dearly,
the people that made me want to leave everything behind and serve. It
is a moment that matters so much to me. (Yes, in the picture with
President Stevens those are real tears in my eyes, I've never felt so
much love.)

I want to bear my testimony of repentance this week. I know that there
is no mistake or sin we commit that cannot be 100 percent overcome
with the help of Christ. We are all sinners, we are ALL unworthy at
times, but with the help of our Saviour our scarlett sins can be made
white as snow. I know that just as in Alma 36, the pain we feel and
the shame, guilt, and sorrow that plagues us when we repent, is
replaced with feelings of joy, peace, and forgiveness. I am so
thankful for repentance!

Isaiah 1:18 18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord:
though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though
they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Have a blessed week!

XOXO
Sister Barnes






No comments:

Post a Comment