Monday, December 4, 2017

Christmas in Colchester

Big news! The Lord is taking me out of my home for 6 months, Ilford, and sending me off to Colchester! I will be reunited with my MTC companion, Sister Abeling!:) I am so excited! But it's so hard to leave Ilfordstan behind, I truly am going to miss all of the Africans and Indians here. I will always consider this my home. I have never loved so many people this instantly and this much! The friendships that I've made will last a lifetime. I am so lucky to have spent so much time here! And I'm so pumped to serve in Colchester! The members told me that it is an ancient old Roman town and there's a big castle here. Also the story of Humpty Dumpty originated from Colchester. Cool stuff. I may go into shock because I haven't served so far from London since the beginning of my mission. And I will have to go back to the most cynical people, but I  love them anyways. . . . ENGLISH PEOPLE! Dun dun duuuun. Man I am so excited!!!!!! 
We had the best day on Saturday because our sweet 9 year old investigator was baptised. I LOVE her so much. Her mom was baptised when I was here in August and now she has made that decision for herself. I love and admire her so much! We had all of the Portugese members here to support her! It was the most beautiful day. The spirit was so strong. 
I love you all so much. Happy December! 

1 Nephi 7:12 
​Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all ​​​things​ according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise ​​​faith​ in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him.

Remember to Light the World! 

XOXO
Sister Barnes








No comments:

Post a Comment