Monday, January 2, 2017

Stand Fast!








Happy New Year!! I hope everyone is doing well! I think that Sister
Chiping and I had one of our best weeks yet and kicked it into high
gear! We found a couple new investigators and have been drowning in
lessons the last couple of days. One thing that was particularly fun
this past week was teaching our investigator, E, with a recent convert
in the area named Kizzy! She was baptised last April by missionaries
and now she is preparing to serve a mission herself! When me and
Sister Chiping are with her we feel like a companionship trio! She is
so amazing and E is really benefitting from the lessons.
The ward has just been amazing with helping us with our lessons. It
helps so much to have a member present. We taught two lessons the
other day that were so challenging because the first one was with an
investigator who spoke Kurdish and another one was with an
investigator who spoke Polish. It was a little frustrating not being
able to understand each other but all we had to do was pray for the
spirit to speak. That's really what matters. When I was called to an
English speaking mission I thought that I wouldn't need to deal with
other languages, but England is such a melting pot and I have been
able to help a lot of people out, including my companion, with
English. I loved taking English and language arts in school and so
when I meet someone on the street who struggles with English I can
sometimes help them figure out a word or understand what they need to
say. It's been really cool. I love these people.
The STL's came to visit us on New Years Eve and we had so much fun!
They both fought over going finding with Sister Chiping because I
wanted to go tracting and literally everyone hates tracting. But I
love it. Soooo I dragged Sister Soulier along with me and knocked
doors, the sunset was seriously beautiful and we found a lot of
miracles! I love these people.
We had dinner with a member family after that, an older couple from
Jamaica. The husband has a super strong testimony but his age has
thrown him off and makes him forget things. One thing he ALWAYS says
to every missionary is the scripture found in Galatians 5:

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us
free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

He said that to us about 50 times and every time he'd start with
"stand fast!" The way he said it with so much passion was really
inspiring and I honestly loved it. As we were leaving he took my hand
and looked me dead in the eye and said "Christ is with you. He is
leading you. Stand fast! In the Liberty wherewith Christ hath made us
free."

It was amazing. I'm thankful for the experience.

A couple of our investigators have had to delay their baptismal date
and it was humbling to have to do that. I think I got so excited to
baptise someone that I had taught I forgot to ask God if it was really
the right time for them. Me and Sister Chiping decided to fast one day
and it made a huge difference in our missionary work. Heavenly Father
saw that we were serious about things. And our investigators are doing
so well, they just need time. Have I mentioned I love these people??
Anyways I love you all and I'm thankful for the support that I have.
Have a wonderful first week of 2017, remember God loves you. And so do
I.
Stand fast!
Sister Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment