Monday, January 23, 2017

Whistle While you Work








Gillingham has a bike squad now. And it's Sister Barnes and Sister
Cobabe. This week we decided to bust out the bikes in our area and
it's been quite the experience. I haven't been on a bike in probably
10 years but one morning we just decided to go for it. I wear the
nerdiest helmet known to man. But anything for our investigators:)

We had interviews with President and Sister Stevens on Wednesday this
week and I love them SO MUCH. We travelled to Canterbury and had the
best training from them and then we ate lunch as a zone. Sister
Stevens makes these huge brownies that are heaven on earth. It was so
good to spend some one-on-one time with President Stevens, how I love
that man!! And Sister Stevens is my role model. She is so full of
love. During my time with Sister Stevens, for about 30 seconds we just
cried in silence because neither one of us could speak or put into
words the wonder of missionary work. It was a very special day and I'm
thankful for my "mission parents".

This week will be known to me forever as having the best dinner
appointments of all time. We had so much fun is week! We were able to
have dinner with our amazing relief society president and attend an
activity after, and we also had dinner with the funnest recent convert
in Sheerness! The other night we had dinner with a sweet young couple
and their precious 4 month old son. It has sure been a pleasure
getting to know all of the amazing members of the ward!

We have gone through the baptismal interview questions with our
investigators and they are doing so absolutely brilliant I could cry.
We had a miracle this week, a new investigator, A, joined our teaching
pool and she is the sweetest thing! We are so excited to teach her and
see how everything goes. Our investigators just mean the world to me!!
They are amazing!! We had a great day at church as well, four of our
investigators came! And me and Sister Cobabe taught gospel principles
and relief society, it was awesome.

I also think I have the funnest companion in the entire world, I am
enjoying the work so much! Me and Sister Cobabe are ALWAYS laughing!
We have so much fun! I've been really blessed to be her companion, we
are making so many great memories! The people we stop on
Sittingbourne's high street are the most entertaining chaps. Lately
there has been a guitarist that plays music all day on the street, but
on Saturday there was a random guy playing an accordion, haha it's so
great here I love it!

It was a successful week of spreading the Gospel! (and having fun
while doing it:)
God save the Queen!
XOXO
Sister Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment