Monday, January 16, 2017

California Dreaming❄️








Ello! Hope everyone is doing well! Last week we had a fun p-day in
Chatham, we went bowling and I got to wear pants for the first time in
two months. Then we visited Fort Amherst, an old military base from
the war that still stands. We got a lot of fun pictures as a district
including the one of all of us on a cannon! It was the best day!
The next day was transfers and my new companion's name is Sister
Cobabe, she is from Sacramento! The song "California Dreaming" has
been stuck in my head ever since we got assigned together. I LOVE my
California girl companion, she is seriously so amazing and we're
already so close.
Our first full day together it rained all day and then full on snowed.
It was a blizzard! For this part of England that's a big deal! It
hasn't snowed like that in Sittingbourne for around 5 years. It
reminded me and Sister Cobabe of home, since she went to BYU-I, and we
loved it! We went finding in the blizzard and we were just absolutely
giddy. And everyone was so nice! I think it was because they were all
in a daze and couldn't believe what was happening. We met some pretty
amazing people this week:)
Our investigator L is doing SO GOOD. We are so excited for him! R and
E are also doing well and I couldn't be more thankful to know them. I
didn't know it was possible to love people this much!
At church this week we had L and R in gospel principles and me and
Sister Cobabe were teaching about the Atonement. As we started
speaking about Jesus Christ, this testimony came out of my mouth that
I didn't even know I had. I was bearing testimony of the Atonement and
as I spoke my chest was burning and time seemed to stop. All I could
see were the faces of our two investigators and all I could feel was
the spirit. You really know that Heavenly Father is real when He uses
you to speak to someone. All He really needs is an able body and He
does all the rest! I think that's really what missionary work is.
I had a wonderful week in my forever home of Sittingbourne, England
and miracles are taking place all of the time. This ward is really my
family and they have blessed my life tremendously.
Now, if anyone needs me, I'll be street contacting on High Street:)
Have an awesome week!
XOXO
Sistah Bahhhhns

No comments:

Post a Comment