Monday, December 26, 2016

Oh Come all ye be Full







I would like to take a minute to talk about British Christmas Dinner.
Sister Barnes might come home weighing a thousand pounds because,
well, England does it right. Take into account the awesomeness of the
ward I'm serving in and you have a recipe for a perfect Christmas. We
had a wonderful time!! Also, let's talk about how Christmas was on
Sunday this year. Such a fantastic time to be a missionary I'm telling
you, it was absolutely unforgettable.
We spent Christmas Eve at a member's house as they had a little party.
It was straight up magical! We found a new investigator on high street
like an hour before we arrived so we were in such high spirits! Ahhh
it was wonderful, they had their house decorated so festive and it was
the funnest time. The next morning we took one of our investigator to
the Christmas Day church service. It was one of the happiest times in
my life being able to take the sacrament on Christmas Sunday as a
missionary and with an investigator by my side. Magical.
Christmas Day was spent with the Thorpe family who are some of my
favourite people known to man. We had the best time with them!! The
ward really spoiled us with presents and love! I am truly blessed to
be here.
We did Skype calls to our families too! I cried the minute their faces
came on the screen because it was just so good to see them. It gave me
such a boost! I sure love my family!
The day after Christmas is called Boxing Day in Great Britain, and
it's a holiday in itself, I don't know why but it has been awesome. We
had breakfast this morning with Bishop's family, who we love and adore
dearly. (We also got a picture with their two boys who are my
favourite British children oh my gosh they are adorable) And we spent
the day at the Brown's! They made us another Christmas dinner and let
us watch a movie at their house since we were allowed to watch one on
Boxing Day, it was awesome!! It's been a wonderful week!
We also had our 3 week meeting on Thursday and I got to go to London
and be reunited with my MTC family and my forever friend, Sister
Abeling. It was wonderful!! Good stuff all around!
Love you all lots❤️
XOXO
Sista Bahhhhns

No comments:

Post a Comment