Monday, April 16, 2018

The Heavens are Open

 This week I found myself face to face with Russell M. Nelson's kind
eyes. He took my hand in his and said, "Sister Barnes. It's nice to
meet you!" So needless to say, Sister Barnes is doing pretty good. The
England London Mission had a celestial visit from our dear prophet,
accompanied by Jeffrey R. Holland and their wives. It was good to
shake hands with Elder Holland again. He came back for round 2! Before
I even talk about the magnificent messages that they shared with us, I
just have to say one thing:
Russell M. Nelson is a prophet of God. Rarely in my life have I felt
the spirit testify to my heart so strongly. Meeting him and being able
to look into his eyes was such a spiritual experience. There is such a
bright light in his eyes! Elder Holland has the same sparkle in his
eyes. They are living, re-affirming witnesses this church is led by
Jesus Christ Himself.
It was the most amazing meeting! Sister Holland talked to us about the
power of prayer and shared her powerful witness that when we pray and
visually imagine every detail of the Saviour's face and pour out our
hearts with great energy it changes our lives. I loved her message.


Sister Nelson told us something that has changed my entire mission.
She told us that instead of praying to be led to those that are
prepared to receive the restored Gospel, to pray instead for those
whose ancestors have already accepted the Gospel and who are fervently
praying for their family member to accept the Gospel too so that they
can perform ordinances for them. We have been praying in that way all
week and it has changed the way I look at people so much. We have seen
miracles from it. People have been walking up to us (a man just barely
did his today) and saying that they have family members who have
passed on that were Mormon. Our friend we met today stopped us and
told us he remembers being a little boy and seeing his dad reading the
Book of Mormon. He never quite knew what it was and his father passed
away, he has always looked out for Mormons but never seen them until
today. Miracles like this are happening here now.
Elder Holland shared his majestic powerful witness of Jesus Christ and
our duty as missionaries.
President Nelson just got up and slammed us all with the spirit. He
talked about so many things that I could never sum up but I'll just
say that I am a better missionary now that I have heard what he had to
say to us. Seriously I have never applied counsel so quickly and seen
immediate and miraculous results. He is so wonderful!
The day after our big meeting, our investigator came to meet with us
and told us he wanted to be a member. Um ok! It was so awesome. We
were also able to bring a lot of really amazing people to church this
week, the ward was so welcoming and they loved the service! It has
been a heavenly week.


Sending all my love!

XOXO
Sister Barnes


2 comments:

  1. Hey sister Barnes I just read some of your blog and I love how you put the bit about me and about the day when I was coming to be the church for the first time but couldn’t make it in the morning thanks for adding me on your story again sorry I couldn’t meet you then keep up the good work you’re really cool person. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry a bit of my spelling messed up there but thank you for adding me in your story

    ReplyDelete