Monday, April 9, 2018

Mama Barnes

Hahaha oh I am laughing so hard at this subject line. Anyways. This
week has been challenging and super rewarding. I received my new
daughter (this sounds so weird, I know) she is from Thailand and her
name is Sister Tivaganon and she is SO tiny and has the cutest Asian
accent ever. Like I die every day, these two are so cute. They don't
speak very much English and have just barely learned in the MTC and so
it is so funny for all of us to communicate together. They are so
cute. I just can't get over how cute they are. I feel like a
legitimate mother. I love seeing them work every day, they go all in
and just try their best and when they don't know something they both
just look at me. . . It's just adorable and so fun!
We had a pretty hard week but so many good things happened as well.
Our investigators progressing towards baptism are doing incredible! I
am so thankful for that! We have some really good investigators in
Northampton right now. Yesterday one of them couldn't make it to
church for the 1st time because he got called into work early, as soon
as he got off he sent us a text saying that he still really wanted to
come see the church and so he came on the bus and walked forever with
us so that we could give him a chapel tour. And as we were street
contacting this week it was pretty rocky because a lot of our
appointments fell through so we basically just lived on the streets,
during one of our finding sessions we ran into one of our
investigators progressing towards baptism, and she came up and hugged
us and told us her phone had broke! (I could literally hear Angels
singing hallelujah. . . .I had been so worried about her) And she was
standing outside of a phone repair shop and so that's just how you
know it's real. She was so happy to see us! Oh it was so good. We are
excited to see her his week.
I have attached photos of my two foreign hooligans so you can admire
them like I do! Have an awesome week!

I love you!

XOXO
Sister Barnes







No comments:

Post a Comment