Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Welcome 2018!

Happy New Year!! I am so thankful for the year that I have spent as one of Christ's missionaries, it has been the best year! And 2018 will be even better, I am so excited for all that the new year will bring.
We had a wonderful holiday season here in Colchester Ward. We spent Christmas with our ward mission leader and his family, he has two little daughters that are so cute and they made Christmas so magical! We truly couldn't ask to serve in a better ward. They love and support us so much and we LOVE them. Our investigators are doing great and we are meeting more and more incredible people each day. I'm so excited to help these people progress at the start of the New Year! 

Alma 7
10 And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at Jerusalem which is the land of our forefathers, she being a virgin, a precious and chosen vessel, who shall be overshadowed and conceive by the power of the Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God.
11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.



I am thankful for our dear Redeemer and I think it is interesting that 2017 has been my greatest year so far, I've come to the conclusion that it's because (well because I'm a missionary and nothing is better than that) but also because I centered my life on Jesus Christ that year more than I ever have before. That is my goal to do the same this year! It will be wonderful. Have a Happy New Year, I love you!!


XOXO
Sister Barnes






No comments:

Post a Comment