Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Away In a Manger

It's the most wonderful time of the year!! Christmas in England has
been wonderful!! We had our mission Christmas Conference and it was
such a party! President Stevens used to be in the Mormon Tabernacle
Choir and he sang a beautiful song for us. And Sister Stevens is a
legend. I love that woman. It was so good to spend the day being
surrounded by some of the kindest and best people on earth, I love the
missionaries I get to serve with. We also had a fun Christmas Dinner
with the Gillingham 2nd ward relief society. It was so much fun! I
love the area I'm serving in so much. And church on Sunday was the
best because they did the nativity and you have not lived until you
watch a nativity put on by little British children. It was so
precious, I was dying. It's fun to see that Christmas spirit is
worldwide and that anywhere can feel like home when you have that
feeling. It was also a good week spent with our progressing
investigators who are doing so well! We have seen a lot of miracles
and I'm thankful to be a missionary during this season. This has
always been a very sacred time to me and I've spent more time thinking
about Christ than I ever have before, one of the scriptures we have
been sharing a lot lately is found in Alma:
10 And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at Jerusalem which is the
land of our forefathers, she being a virgin, a precious and chosen
vessel, who shall be overshadowed and conceive by the power of the
Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God.

11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and
temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled
which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his
people.

12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of
death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their
infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to
the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his
people according to their infirmities. (Alma 7)

It talks about Christ and all that was made possible by Him. I love
Christmas and the Nativity so very much, but I love the Savior most of
all. I hope you have the Merriest Christmas!❤️
XOXO
Sister Barnes






No comments:

Post a Comment