Tuesday, November 29, 2016

#districtdab

Something I failed to mention last time is that the night we arrived to the MTC my companion and I were called as Sister Training Leaders over the entire MTC, it was so overwhelming but it has been the biggest blessing to be able to just focus on all of the girls here. Makes me a lot less homesick! My companion is the greatest person, me and Sister Abeling will be friends forever. Like literally. I feel like she is my sister in every way! I could go on and on about how amazing she is. I just love her so much! 
This week we had our first missionary experience and went finding in Manchester! We were out in the big shopping center they have in the POURING RAIN and we just walked up to people and started telling them all about the book of Mormon. It was quite the experience. Me and my companion handed out 7 Book of Mormons and got one contact! We met so many amazing people in just 2 hours. There are so many people who are ready to receive the Gospel. People are definitely a lot harder on the Elders though haha! God bless these poor Elders, they had a rough time! 
Me and Sister Abeling are also in charge of the England MTC Choir. like dang. We may not be as big as the Provo choir but we are ten times bigger in spirit. I got to be the chorister for the practices and it was so fun, on Sunday we sang Nearer My God To Thee and there were only about 5 people in the audience since almost everyone in the MTC sings in the choir.






           Really there are only about 60 missionaries here, it's awesome:)
We are also able to attend the Preston England Temple on P-Day. MY NEW FAVORITE TEMPLE. I can't even express how beautiful it is inside. It's very simple on the outside but the minute I walked in I was in complete awe. It is so gorgeous. All the missionaries were able to attend with Elder Rocco from Madagascar and Sister Sun from China. It was their first time ever going through the temple so it was a very special day. 
I love England so much. The toilets here are so much better than in America. 
Another random thing, my district is obsessed with dabbing ( the dab dance move or whatever) and so we call ourselves District Dab. We dab constantly and we even but dab in front of all of our last names, hence the nickname dabarnes. We are so dumb but I love it. Our teachers are Brother Nolan and Sister Barrett and they are so amazing. I have just learned so much!! God is real! Have a great week everyone!
XOXO
Dabarnes
P.S if you ever visit England NEVER try "mango chutney" it is the most horrible thing you can imagine​​​​​​​​​​​​



--
Sister Barnes                             

No comments:

Post a Comment