Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Farewell

I gave my farewell talk on October 30th, 2016! (The day before Halloween, my most favourite holiday of all time:) It really shook me to see so many of my family members travel a long distance to be there that morning. I gave my talk at 11 a.m in the Meadow Lane Ward. The other speakers were my Young Women Leader, Amie Leonhardt, and the cutest girl from my ward, Marlo Caudle. It was so funny because just the night before I had been telling my mom how I wished Amie would be speaking too, and when I got to the church that morning, there she was! I just love her! I didn't write my talk down, I really just wanted it to be from the heart, but what I spoke about was the love of God, something has been really inspiring to me has been the take on 1 Corinthians:

Love is patient, love is kind
It does not envy, it does not boast
It is not proud
It does not dishonor others
It is not self seeking
It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs
Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth
It always protects
Always trusts
Always hopes
Always perseveres
Love never fails

I know that this is the kind of perfect love that Heavenly Father blesses us with. It is the love that I feel for the people of England, and the love that has been shown to me by my friends and family. If there was anything to be taken from my farewell talk, it was just the unchangeable fact that perfect love exists!


After I spoke, we had a luncheon at my grandparents house that was SO FUN. It was amazing to see everyone there! I have the most amazing family and friends ever, seriously. It meant so much to me to be able to see so many people that I love before I left, and I can't believe how much support I have been given in serving a mission. It is truly an amazing thing.


At the end of the day, there were some hard goodbyes. Harder than I thought it'd be. But I got home, and had a good cry, and moved forward with the happy knowledge that this is what I was always meant to do and London, England is the place where everyone I love wants me to be. I can't wait to get there❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment