Monday, October 23, 2017

An East Londoner for Life

We have done so much this week it seems like a year! We had two
exchanges, I was with Sister San Martin from South Africa and then
Sister Lannon from Australia.
Since Ilford is basically India (this area is 50% Indian, 40% African,
9% Eastern European, 1% English) Ok that is just my guess, but still -
we celebrated Diwali, the Festival of Lights! The city was going
crazy! And it was so cool because we were just surrounded by fireworks
in every direction on our way home and even in our flat we could see
them from everywhere. It was like being right next to a firework
stadium. So fun!
Saturday was one of my favorite days ever of all time. We went down
to Sittingbourne and went finding on high street. That place will
always feel like home to me! We found incredible people and then we
went to beautiful Canterbury and went finding with the sister there!
Canterbury is so incredible. It was a beautiful fall day and all of
the International Uni students were out. We found a cool new Italian
investigator for the sisters there!
We traveled back that night through Stratford International and when
we arrived to our dinner appointment, Brother and Sister Stevenson
surprised us and we had a fire in their back garden and ate next to
the fire. It was so magical! So fun.
We've been running around like crazy teaching and we have such a good
group of solid, wonderful investigators. Has the day of miracles
ceased? Behold, I say unto you, NAY.
There are some attached pictures of Sister Lamb and I's adventures, we
made fried plantains, an African food that is super popular in Nigeria
and Ghana. All I really eat is that and jollof rice. I'm basically an
African now, and I'm not kidding.
We also visited Chigwell today for P-Day. Sister Lamb's grandpa served
in the area and it is so beautiful. It was so nice to explore nature
for a while!

I really love being a missionary and every day my love for the Gospel
increases. I thought I loved the Savior when I left! It is nothing
compared to now. We are truly so lucky to have the exact Gospel that
Jesus Christ himself taught while He was here on the earth. Count your
blessings!


Transfer news! It is unexpected but I will be staying A FOURTH
TRANSFER IN ILFORD!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO YESSSSSSSSS! Good old East
London, in the crazytown of the mission! I will be training a new
sister training leader, her name is Sister Sanchez and she is from
Barcelona, Spain. Oh yeahhhh! Sister Lamb will be whitewash training
in Milton Keynes, I will miss her so much! I am so happy to stay here
though!


With love from your fav East Londoner

XOXO
Sister Barnes
















No comments:

Post a Comment