Monday, August 7, 2017

It's Time For Africa

This was a very African and adventure filled week. We had a munch and
mingle after church yesterday and there was more food than I've ever
seen before in my life. Like buckets of jollof rice and plantanes for
as far as the eye could see. . . . We got out of relief society and I
could hear the munch and mingle before I could even see it. Ilford
Ward is the best!
We were able to travel to Ashford earlier in the week and do a blitz
wi the sisters down there, I love being able to travel and help out
the other missionaries, we see so many miracles from it.
We have been meeting with C and her daughter R for a really long time
and she has told us that she just doesn't feel ready to get baptised.
On Saturday we went over eight he Portugese elders and had a lesson
with her. She cooked us dinner and everything! After awhile she said,
"Sisters, I just don't feel ready. I want my baptism to be in November
or after." And of course we were so heartbroken but we just told her
hat we love her and we'll keep teaching her. AND THEN she told us she
was just kidding! She goes on holiday to Portugal until September and
she decided she wants to be baptised on September 16th, on her
daughter's birthday when they get back. We were crying tears of
joy!!:)
That morning we were traveling to play football with our investigators
and we were running late. We were talking with people on the bus and
for some reason that morning I just woke up feeling discouraged. I
talked with this man who wasn't interested and then went to get off
the bus and realized we had missed our stop! I was even more
frustrated. We got off and were walking in this weird street we had
never been in before. We started to get close to this intersection and
there was a man standing there looking at us. All of a sudden he
walked up to me with this big smile and was like, "Sister Barnes!! I
want to come play football!" It turns out I had met him before and
invited him to play football and learn more about the church. He is
amazingly cool. We walked with him up to the field and were able to
teach him because everyone was running late. It was a miracle that
brought me close to tears because I realize how much God is in the
details. He knew I needed it that morning and he also knew exactly
where our investigator was and had us miss our regular bus stop. I
love our Father in Heaven so much. What a joy it is to be serving as
one of his missionaries.

Blessings from England!

XOXO
Sister Barnes





No comments:

Post a Comment