Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Ilfordstan





This week has been wonderful, lots of changes for sure! I really love
my new companion Sister Kinney, she is from Utah and is loud and
hilarious! It was hard to say goodbye to all of my friends in Hayes
who I love SO much, we had an awesome time all together one last time
and played with water balloons and then two recent converts took me
and Sister Campos out to Five Guys and then the most amazing ice cream
place, I am so spoiled.
My first day in Ilford, we were walking down the sidewalk and we had
all of my luggage with us, we stopped this guy and he ended up being
the coolest new investigator of our lives!! In Ilford, we play
football every Saturday morning and we invite all of the people
throughout the week to come and so even if they aren't super
interested in learning about the Gospel, they are in an environment
that is so fun and wholesome. It is so cool! Our new investigator came
to football, had two lessons with us and came to church in like a span
of 3 days. He is such a miracle! Me and Sister Kinney are so focused
on being exactly obedient and diligent and it shows so much in the
work!
The ward in Ilford is mostly African and everyone is SO nice! It's a
place where you just really feel like you can be yourself, there's so
much diversity. Last night we had dinner with a member and her Welsh
Atheist husband who made us Welsh cakes and told us hilarious stories
and then played the piano for us so we could sing a long. Every day in
Ilford we have moments like that, they are just so special and
random:)
I am so thankful to be serving a mission here and I know that God
loves us all and has blessings that he is just waiting to give us, all
we need to do is trust Him.

Sending my love from england/the middle east;)

XOXO
Sister Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment