Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Apostles, Baptism and HEAT










I know I say this every week but I'm for real this time, this has been
the best week in my entire mission so far. This is going to be kind of
long but oh well because I'm having the time of my LIFE!
To start off, William got BAPTISED!!! We are so happy for him. It was
really special because he was baptised on June 17th and exactly one
year from that day was when I opened my mission call. What blessings.
He has got probably among the strongest faith of anyone of all time
and just clings to the Gospel. He gave a speech at his baptism, that
was beautiful, and another talk the next day on Sunday after he
received the Holy Ghost. I'm so thankful that Sister Campos was able
to see her first baptism, I remember how much it meant to me when I
was in training and I just can't thank Heavenly Father enough for
leading us to William and for helping us teach him all transfer long
until it led to this. William is so happy! And the baptism was great,
even though it is SCORCHING here in England. It is so hot you would
not believe it, and I'm not just being a baby because even my
companion who is from the hottest part of Brazil is suffering! Even
though it is so hot, so many people from the ward came and the Elders
even surprised us and cleaned the baptismal font for us. What studs.
Also, on Friday, Elder D. Todd Christofferson, an Apostle of the Lord
Jesus Christ came and talked with us. The things he said were amazing
and will help me all throughout my mission. I even got to shake his
hand! It was so awesome! And it was great to be with the whole entire
mission!
This week we had a really hard time finding new investigators, and in
order to meet our goal we had to find 6 in one day. We set off on
sunday and started street contacting in Uxbridge. It was fiery hot and
not a lot of people were outside in town, but we knew we could do it.
And we did! Heavenly Father blessed us tremendously and as we
demonstrated our faith we were able to find these 6 prepared people
who are interested in learning more about the Gospel. It has been a
week full of huge spiritual experiences that I will remember for the
rest of my life.
We were able to have some super fun family home evenings at the
Shattuck's (They're American!!), they have a huge yard and yesterday
we were with some recent converts and the elders and investigator and
we just played with water balloons and ate in the backyard. It was the
funnest thing in the world!
We got transfer calls yesterday and I have been transferred to Ilford
to serve as a sister training leader. My companion will be Sister
Kinney and I love her already! Ilford is basically India so that will
be really fun, I'm excited.

"Let your covenants be paramount and let your obedience be exact. Then
you can ask in faith, nothing wavering, according to your need, and
God will answer. He will sustain you as you work and watch. In His own
time and way He will stretch forth His hand to you, saying, 'Here am
I'."
- Elder Christofferson

Love you!

XOXO
Sister Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment