Monday, May 22, 2017

English Espanõl










What a week. I just can't tell you guys how awesome the England London
Mission is, I feel like everyday I travel to every single country in
the world. This week I was blessed with a really cool experience
because we had a dinner appointment with a family from Ecuador that
speak Spanish and like minimal to no English. Sister Campos speaks
Portugese and she can understand Spanish, she kind of took the lead
and taught me how to bear a simple testimony of the plan of salvation
in Spanish via google translate. It was super humbling to go to this
dinner appointment and to be the companion who doesn't understand what
anyone was saying. It was so crazy! But I, Harley Barnes, spoke
Spanish! Haha, Sister Campos said that they could understand me but I
do have my doubts:) It was such a neat experience to bear testimony in
a different language though!
Also, I must add that I've always had a lifelong dream of visiting
India and I don't even think I need to go anymore. On our way to the
Spanish dinner appointment we passed through a town that was literally
India. And it was amazing.
We have been teaching like crazy this week and our investigators are
doing SO WELL. The other day it was just pouring rain (Welcome to
England, what can I say) and we were out on the streets outside the
library, we went into the library and one of our most solid, awesome
investigators was in there, and also a really cool recent convert! We
all got together and started talking together about the Gospel, and
then all of a sudden another one of our investigators showed up and
randomly joined us! We all were just feeling the spirit so strong as
we talked about the Book of Mormon. Our recent convert bore THEE most
powerful testimony of the Book and how it has changed his life. They
came up to us and wanted to kick us out of the library because there
were so many people talking excitedly. It was the coolest experience.
I love these people in Hayes.


Sé que Jesucristo vive y que él te ama
XOXO
Sister Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment