Thursday, April 6, 2017

10 Points to Gryffindor

This week was epic in every way imaginable. We went to Harry Potter
World last P-day with Elder Dalley and Pasten and we all had the time
of our lives. It was so amazing! I feel like I've really lived life to
the fullest now haha. Seriously it was one of the best days of my
entire life and just so dang good! Loved every minute!
Also, being able to watch General Conference on a mission may be the
most inspiring thing in the universe. How good was conference this
year!? It blew me away. Seriously I just feel so much strength and
determination to do missionary work now, more than ever before. And
was it just me, or did the Mormon Tabernacle Choir get 10 times better
in just 6 months? They have always been incredible but this time I was
just about crying as soon as they sang their first song. And the
talks! They were so indescribably awesome!! I absolutely loved every
one of them. Watching it as a missionary was cool because it used to
seem like General Conference would last forever, but this weekend it
felt like it lasted only 5 minutes! I had all of our investigators in
mind the entire time and I think that not only were my prayers
answered, but each of theirs as well. God really knows us. And I am so
pumped for the new temples! One in Pocatello!! And our awesome recent
convert is from Kenya and has just been talking non-stop about how he
wants to build a temple there! You should've seen his face! He brought
one of his friends, K, to watch it with us! She is such a lovely
person and she loved Conference! She is from Hungary and we were able
to give her a Book of Mormon in Hungarian that she is so excited to
start reading! It was the best conference miracle:)
Transfers are tomorrow and something pretty crazy is happening. Sister
Benson is going to Stevenage and I am being transferred down to Hayes,
in a trio! I will be with Sister Correa and Sister Cook, after 2 weeks
in Hayes, I will bring Sister Cook with me and come back to Watford!
Sister Correa will be training a new greenie that gets here in 2
weeks, Sister Correa is from Peru and such a beast! And Sister Cook is
a transfer younger than me, from California, and probably the nicest
most adorable person in the world. I am so excited to be her
companion! Way weird though that there won't be any sisters in Watford
for 2 weeks. What an adventure! I am so happy and excited!

Have an awesome week!

XOXO
Sister Barnes









No comments:

Post a Comment