Monday, March 27, 2017

At Least the Food Was Good
















I've learned a thing or two this week, you know those mission
nightmare stories where they hold a baptism and the person being
baptised doesn't show up? Well my friends, that is not just a horror
story. . .that is my reality. We held a baptism for R on Saturday, he
had fought a long hard battle against Satan and was so solid and
excited for his baptism. We told him to be there early, we got to the
chapel, all of the members came, there was tons of food, we handed out
programs, the person baptising him was dressed in white and ready to
go, and. . . he just never showed up. He told us he was on his way and
then we never heard anything back. The members just decided to have a
ward brunch, they were super sweet and way understanding, and then
everyone slowly left. It honestly was alright and the food was
delicious. Also, R hasn't been in contact with us and we still don't
know what happened. I lowkey feel like I'm living in a Nancy Drew
mystery novel. He was going back to Africa for a few weeks in a couple
days so I'm thinking at this will just be one of those things I wonder
about for as long as I live. The world may never know!
It was a very beautiful Saturday and the sun was actually out, so me
and Sister Benson went to a park and took a lot of pictures to cheer
ourselves up. We were kind of in a huge daze. I love my companion so
much. Like SO MUCH. Maybe I should just marry an Asian because my
mission has taught me that I really love having an Asian sidekick.
Even though Sister Benson's super American just like me:) It was way
windy and she somehow mangled my English Humidity Afro into the
coolest looking bun. And we made each other laugh and got right back
to work. While we were in the park talking with people we ran into our
other investigator! The one with loooooong black dreads, who is
awesome! We took a picture with him earlier in the week, and he is
doing great. This week was really good for us in finding new
investigators, we found plenty! No matter what happens, the Lord's
hand is always so evident in this work. I love the people of Watford
so much and I'm thankful to be serving here. We are heading to Harry
Potter World in a few hours and I think I could die of happiness. Love
you all oh so much❤️🇬🇧

The Lord is always on our side!
XOXO
Sister Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment