Monday, March 6, 2017

All Hail President









This week in Watford was a great one! We are teaching an older man, D,
and his son in Ireland actually filled out a referral for him and sent
it to us. D wants to change his entire life around and give up alcohol
and smoking, he came to church and loved it and he found out that his
entire family has been baptised. After he came to church he gave us a
call and said, "Sister! Can you find out what time my baptism is? My
sister wants to come!" Hahaha I seriously LOVE the man. He is so
excited to be baptised and is just the epitome of real intent. He was
going to meet with us twice this last week but after the lessons he
would call us and tell us he wanted to meet even more because he just
felt so good. A missionary's dream! Pray for him!
We are teaching a couple other friends, and they are all doing quite
well. We have a nice young friend E, and he is soooo cool. He is 20,
from Queens, New York, and has a job over here in accounting. Meeting
with him is so much fun but he texted us and told us he wanted to meet
just one more time because he's unsure if this church is right for
him. Pray for him super hard. All week long we have been worrying
about him and I might actually go into cardiac arrest:) Agency is a
killer! We also met a new friend who is awesome and has the coolest
hair! Like the longest black dreads you have ever seen in your life!
The work is all in all going great in Watford, these people are
amazing!
We had interviews with President Stevens this week and I love that
man. He just fills the room with hope and makes everyone stand up a
little taller, I am always so thankful to be able to spend some time
talking with him. I really care about making him and Lord proud! It's
easy in the mission to feel like your president doesn't really know
you, but that is dead wrong. He is so inspired and knows me just
perfectly, he knows all of the right things to say to help me be the
best I can. Bless the man, he is a legend.
I hope everyone has an incredible week! I'm sending my love!
XOXO
Sister Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment