Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Kissed By an Angel







Hope everyone had a week filled with love! I seriously love
Valentine's Day so very much!(mostly because it's my mom's birthday
and I thought of her all week long) AND GET THIS: Sister Cobabe and
Sister Barnes still managed to get kissed on Valentine's Day. Walking
down High street, we saw a very weird but very sweet old man we talk
to a lot named Patrick. He ran up to us smiling like a maniac, grabbed
us both into a huge bear hug and then kissed me right on the face.
Twice. What a life I live.
We were able to speak at a fireside at the chapel on Friday night with
the YSA in G1 and G2 which means that there were literally 10 people
there. We all loved it though! The spirit was so strong.
We saw a lot of miracles this week. Nothing very grand happened in
little old Sittingbourne but the Lord is quietly working wonders in
this area. And I loved every moment of this week. We have an
investigator who stopped coming to church and didn't want to meet with
us very much, but a couple weeks ago she just walked into church.
She's been coming every week and is just getting so prepared. She
texted us after church and told us that she wishes there were more
Sunday's in a week! She is seriously amazing. It was a huge testament
to see an investigator stray for a little while and then come straight
back because she knows it's all true. We also met a lot of really
amazing people on High Street, just like we always do. They are
everywhere!
This is transfers week, and we had a dinner appointment with Bishop
the other night. Bishop Bartling has a super British sense of humour
and is always throwing out cheeky jokes. Unlike when I first got out
in the field, the entire time I was doing it straight back to him and
he loved it! Everyone was laughing so hard and I thought, "yeah I'm
getting transferred. I'm too comfortable here."
THEREFORE, yes, I am getting transferred. I leave tomorrow for
Watford. It is an area right outside of London and I don't know much
about it except that it is wayyyy more populated than this area and
I've heard there are many Muslims and people from Nigeria there. It's
gonna be a whole new ballpark. My new companion will be Sister Benson!
I didn't think it would be so hard to leave my first area but
throughout the day I've had to say goodbye to so many people I care
about. All of the members and recent converts who have really turned
into my family, and my dear Sister Cobabe! Sittingbourne will always
have a very special place in my heart, but I'm so excited to do the
the Lord's work in Watford!❣
Also for my last p-day here I dragged Sister Cobabe to come adventure
with me in the outskirts of one of the towns we cover, Rainham. We
were right next to the sea port and we walked over a hill and there
was an old washed up ship. It was so cool. There is so much history
here and it brings me such joy.
Keep it real my friends
XOXO
Sister Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment